DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright ActYonah Group, LLC ("Yonah Group") supports the protection of intellectual property and asks the users of the website elections.forsale to do the same. It is the policy of Yonah Group to respond to all notices of alleged copyright infringement.
Notice is specifically given that Yonah Group is not responsible for the content on other websites that any user may find or access when using elections.forsale. This notice describes the information that should be provided in notices alleging copyright infringement found specifically on elections.forsale, and this notice is designed to make alleged infringement notices to Yonah Group as straightforward as possible and, at the same time, minimize the number of notices that Yonah Group receives that are spurious or difficult to verify. The form of notice set forth below is consistent with the form suggested by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") which may be found at the U.S. Copyright official website: www.copyright.gov.
It is the policy of Yonah Group, in appropriate circumstances and in its sole discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users of elections.forsale who may infringe upon the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Yonah Group and/or others.
Our response to a notice of alleged copyright infringement may result in removing or disabling access to material claimed to be a copyright infringement and/or termination of the alleged infringer. If Yonah Group removes or disables access in response to such a notice, we will make a reasonable effort to contact the responsible party of our decision so that they may make an appropriate response.
To file a notice of an alleged copyright infringement with us, you are required to provide a written communication only by email or postal mail. Notice is also given that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorney fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing upon your copyright.
Copyright ClaimsTo expedite our handling of your notice, please use the following format or refer to Section 512(c)(3) of the Copyright Act.
1. Identify the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed. The specificity of your identification may depend on the nature of the work you believe has been infringed, but may include things like a link to a web page or a specific post (as opposed to a link to a general site URL);
2. Identify the material that you allege is infringing upon the copyrighted work listed in Item #1 above. This identification needs to be reasonably sufficient to permit Yonah Group to locate the material. In other words, please include the URL to the material allegedly infringing your copyright (URL of a website or URL to a post, with title, date, name of the emitter), or link to an initial post with sufficient data to find it;
3. Provide information on which Yonah Group may contact you, including your email address, name, telephone number and physical address;
4. Provide the address, if available, to allow Yonah Group to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content, including email address;
5. Also include a statement of the following: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or the law.";
6. Also include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner, or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.";
7. Your physical or electronic signature.
Send email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org or written notification via regular postal mail to:
Yonah Group, LLC
Attn: DMCA Agent
250 East Jarrard Street, Suite C-167
Cleveland, GA 30528-1225
Counter-Notification PolicyTo be effective, a Counter-Notification must be a written communication by the alleged infringer provided to Yonah Group’s Designated Agent (as set forth above) that includes substantially the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
4. The alleged infringer's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, or if the alleged infringer's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Yonah Group, LLC may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above:
• Remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
• Forward the written notification to such alleged infringer;
• Take reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
Finally, Notices and Counter-Notices with respect to this website must meet the current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see www.copyright.gov for details.
More InformationA summary of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act can be found at:
The text of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act can be found here:
The U.S. federal copyright code is here:
More government-provided information on copyrights can be found here:
Many universities maintain useful public information regarding copyrights, including: